We’re very happy to say Letizia from “DUTCH goes ITALIAN” nominated our blog for the “Liebster Award”
…THANK YOU so much Letizia! You add a special plus to this award, especially for Alessia, who grew up in Italy and came to explore her other culture in Canada, as you did with your Italian side!
It took us a while to post back and answer the questions, since we wanted to do this thing together…but we finally made it!
The rules of the Liebster Award:
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you!
- Make sure the blogs you choose have 200 or less followers.
Where The Foodies Go facts:
- We’ve started knowing each other thanks to food: we started dating after cooking together so many times!
- We share the passion for jazz and we used to perform together in different bands in Italy.
- We could never say we knew a place without first tasting its traditional dishes.
- We love salsa and we wish we could learn how to dance tango one day.
- When we were in Italy, we used to take the car and drive! We discovered many surprising places and met amazing people on the road!
- We think you can make whatever you want if you really believe in what you’re doing.
- We love cooking together for other people and see their happy faces after they ate our dishes!
- We are on a mission to let people discover our enchanting, breathtaking region of Abruzzo.
- We believe if you think about the good things that happened to you during the day, even the hardest days can become sweet!
- Never say “no” in front of a new dish: you can’t imagine what you could miss!
- When you decide what you want in your life, you’ve already made half of the trip.
Where The Foodies Go answer:
1. What was your favourite age? Fabrizio: “From 24 till now = when I met my wife!”; Alessia: “From 22 till now = when I met my husband!”
2. If you needed to emigrate, which country would you choose? Both: “This one is easy…Canada of course!”
3. What is your favourite dish? Fabrizio: “Definitely arrosticini!”; Alessia: “I could eat pizza everyday!”
4. Which city would you recommend me to visit and why? Both: “Our travel philosophy privileges small unknown places instead of big cities; so we’d say tiny little towns where time seems to have stopped, like the fascinating Scanno or the amazing Civitella del Tronto, just to mention a few.
5. What makes you smile? Fabrizio: “Watching people drinking cappuccino while eating lunch!”; Alessia: “when I get into a good restaurant and the menu arrives!”
6. What is your favourite quote? Both: “Never give up”
7. Name one negative aspect of your home country. Both: “We’re not happy to say this but Italy doesn’t give young generations the possibility to express themselves”
8. Syrupy or Savory? Both: “Savory!”
9. How do you prefer to travel? Plane, car, train, etc.? Both: “Car, definitely! It’s amazing how many things you can learn about a place by driving through its streets and stopping by its places!”
10. What does ‘injustice’ means to you? Both: “The lack of meritocracy”
11. What is your ultimate way of relaxing? Both: “Sitting outside our balcony in our Abruzzo house, with a glass of wine…and enjoy the view!”
Where The Foodies Go ask:
- If you were to leave for a trip in 5 minutes, what are the 3 things you’d take with you?
- What instrument have you ever wanted to learn to play?
- Which recipe you really love cooking?
- What’s your favourite song when you’re travelling?
- You’ve just landed in Italy: what’s the first dish you wish to taste?
- Mountains, hilltops or beaches: where would you go on vacation?
- What’s the best thing about your country?
- How do you like spending your day off?
- What’s your favourite world cuisine?
- If you could only save one of your books, which one would you choose?
- What role/part would you like to play in a movie?
THANK YOU again!…we can’t wait to read your answers!