Well, what to say…we got nominated for another award!
Emilia Lives life has recently nominated us for the Vintage Reel blog award…THANK YOU so much for your overwhelming support, we LOVE being part of the amazing blogger family!!! You can read about this award here. Check out Emilia’s amazing blog, we enjoy her stories about Italy and her coffee adventures!
Here are the rules:
1. Upload an old photo of yourself and describe a story behind it
2. Answer the 4 questions
3. Nominate 10 other nominees
The photo we uploaded is an image of our first vacation together, in Siracusa, Sicily, in 2007. We went with a couple of friends and the first memory that comes to our minds is the incredibly hot weather!…and, of course, the amazing food! We stayed for a week and enjoyed beautiful Siracusa and stunning Taormina! We had so many tasty fish meals…we do hope to go back one day for another visit!
1. What is your favourite childhood memory? Maple – My favourite childhood memory is linked to the summertime. My sister, my cousins and I used to play outside all day and, when it was almost sunset, our grandmother used to call us from the kitchen to have dinner all together. I still remember those tables, full of salami, prosciutto and the amazing tomato salad made with tomatoes from our garden! I miss those days! Saffron – My favourite childhood memory is linked to olive tree pruning. During that time of the year I used to go to my grandparents’ house, in the countryside. While my grandfather was busy with the pruning, I remember the amazing naps on the leaf heaps, under the sun.
2. Describe how you were as a child and how you are now. Are you pretty much the same in terms of what excites you and interests you? Maple – I’m pretty much the same, except for two things: I was terribly shy and I didn’t like food that much, I used to like only a few dishes! Saffron – I was already as brilliant and handsome as I am now!
3. Who is that person in your life that you couldn’t live without? Maple – Oh well, this one is easy…I couldn’t live without Saffron in my life! Saffron – Read Maple’s last phrase and change the word “Saffron” with “Maple”!
4. What are your major barriers to travel that you overcome in order to continue traveling? (Money, time, work, etc) Maple&Saffron – We have to say our major barrier is money…if we had enough, we would travel the whole world!
Our ten nominated blogs are:
Can’t wait to read yours!