If you love cooking Italian dishes, risotto is one of those that you really love or hate making! Some people find it hard or too long, some people appreciate its versatility and love experimenting with new ingredients.
We’re posting a risotto recipe that Fabrizio made at home one day and taught during one of its lessons.There are different versions of it, here’s ours!
Shrimp and orange risotto
Ingredients (for 4 servings)
200 g of Arborio rice
250 g of shrimps
1 stalk of celery
1/2 glass of white wine
2 litres of water
1. Shell the shrimps (keep the shells) and remove the black stripe (the entrails) they have inside.
2. Peel onion, carrot and celery.
3. Put water in a pot with onion, carrot, celery, the shrimp shells and a pinch of salt and start heating.
4. Heat the pot for at least half hour; while the broth is boiling, on top of the same pot, quickly steam the shrimps using a steam basket.
5. Keep the steamed shrimps aside; filter the broth and keep aside.
6. Put a little bit of olive oil in a pan with chopped shallots and pan-fry them until they are golden.
7. Add rice and let it toast until the grains became clear.
8. Add white wine and stir until the alcohol evaporates.
9. Add a couple of ladles of broth and start counting 15-18 minutes (that’s when the rice will be ready): keep adding broth when the water reduces.
10. While rice is cooking, chop shrimps (save 4 of them as a garniture), grate orange skin and chop orange pulp.
11. 5 minutes before rice is al dente, add shrimps, orange chops and orange skin in the pot and stir all together.
12. When rice is cooked, turn off the stove and add a spoon of butter; stir until melted.
13. Serve rice garnishing each plate with a shrimp, sprinkles of orange skin and a twist of olive oil.
Recipe © Where The Foodies Go. All Rights Reserved.