A foodie escape in Montpellier: where and what to eat

I got a little nostalgic today so I opened one of our travel diaries and…BANG! Got totally hit by the incredible memories of our foodie escape in Montpellier! Wish I could go back right now!

Montpellier has everything a city can offer : not too big, not too small; typical narrow streets you’d find in a small town in Provence but also big and modern districts; Lots of green where you (and your kids) can feel like living in the countryside; French and international cuisine. Ok, now you want to visit, right? So, Here are some experiences we had just wandering around the city.

First thing you notice is its vibrancy: lots of people on the streets, artists performing, stalls! Don’f forget to take a walk at happy hour time…so many people around!

The old town centre is so beautiful…just walking in it is delightful! If you have some time, do not miss to indulge inside Pomme de Reinette, an incredible toy store with gorgeous interior design and some of the most amazing games!

Here are some places we saw that are worth a visit:

• Place de la Comédie (Comedy square)
  • Peyrou Parc and gateway
  • historical city centre
  • Saint-Pierre Cathedral
  • Antigone district
  • Polygone

We reached the Antigone district when it was almost lunch time. It’s modern and beautiful to see, but after that long walk we were starving! So we ended up at Léon de Bruxelles, where we had a good seafood lunch, which saved our stomachs!

One experience you ABSOLUTELY cannot miss is La Fine Mouche, not just a fromagerie, but a cheese bar too! So guess what we did? We sat down and had this amazing journey in the greatest cheeses ever!!! Plus, we had wine and dessert…heaven in our mouths!

We cannot forget to mention our delicious French breakfast (and also afternoon snacks!) at L’Authentique – artisan boulanger , a terrific French bakery you MUST try! Look below…it really deserves a try!

Advertisements

22 Comments Add yours

1. Those tarts from L’Authentique look divine!!

Liked by 1 person

1. OMG, yes, they were amazing!!!

2. PeteK says:

Brought back some great memories of travels and eating through Sète, Montpellier, and Marseille. Should I ever go back, I hope I can find that Vietnamese restaurant on a hill in Sète where I had my first bowl of phô…and thanks for dropping by and visiting my blog!

1. Thank you for stopping by and sharing your foodie experience with us! 🙂

1. PeteK says:

Those mussels! omg . . . 🙂

3. Vinita says:

Such nice photos, what camera do you use? 🙂
    Also, thank you for liking my post because now I’ve found your blog! following 🙂

1. A very old and not professional one actually, so thank you! 😉 Thank you also for stopping by and following! Happy blogging! Alessia

4. I wanna go! 🙂

1. Please do! It will amaze you! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

5. Oh, lovely to see so many pics! I spent a year in Montpellier as an Erasmus exchange student (way back in 2002-2003!) and it was one of the best years of my life so far! About the food… I used to eat a little roquefort savory baked thing, and after leaving Montpellier I never found it anywhere else, though I spent years in France! 🙂 Thanks for this little trip down memory lane!

1. See? This is why we write: to share moments and memories! Thank you so much for stopping by!

6. shinandjim says:

Wow this sounds awesome. Montpellier is on the list. As soon as I heard cheese bar…

1. Admin says:

You will totally fall in love!

7. I really enjoyed seeing Montpellier again – I went there for a weekend when I was a student living in France, and it’s such a beautiful city! From your awesome photos, it looks like I may need to go back… thanks for sharing 😀

1. Admin says:

We totally felt exactly as you said…we could definitely move there! Thank you for stopping by and very nice to meet you! 😊

8. anaisdingler says:

It’s my city! If you stay some days you can email me for restaurants address, or visiting ideas!

Liked by 1 person

1. OMG, wish we knew each other when we came! It would have been wonderful to visit with you!

9. lineaurea says:

This is such a great post! I’ve always wanted to go to Montpellier and now even more so 😀

Liked by 1 person

1. Yes, please, GO! It’s even more beautiful than it may seem in our article! 😉 Thank you for your kind words!

Liked by 1 person

We want to hear from you!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s