Paris..for foodies!

You would probably expect a post where we speak about Italy or our beautiful region, Abruzzo; but two foodies, who love wandering around in search of gastronomic experiences, couldn’t miss traveling Europe and tasting the many different food traditions we have across the continent.

One of the cities that have a special place in our hearts is…Paris!

This post is for all the foodies that, like us, have been at least once in this amazing city, and can’t help wanting to go back as soon as possible!

We’re very sorry: you won’t read about the Louvre, the Eiffel tower or the Arc de Triomphe, but about the amazing culinary experiences we had, just walking along the marvellous boulevards and rues de Paris!

Like the food shops, where you can experience the real French cuisine, like macarons for example…wouldn’t you buy them all?!

macarons

We couldn’t of course miss tasting cheese. France is well known for its incredibly tasty variety of cheese! What about a fantastic brie sandwich in one of the cutest bistrot in the city?

brie sandwich

If it starts snowing and you want to get warm, nothing’s better than a good fondue or a perfect raclette! We had the best ones of our lives just behind Notre Dame Cathedral!

racletteraclette in Parisraclette and fondue in Paris

Or if you prefer, ask for an onion soup: delicious!

onion soup

What’s the most traditional thing you can try in France? Escargots! First time in her life for Maple…and she admitted they weren’t bad at all!

escargots

When it’s December and almost time for Christmas, you can be so lucky to find a Christmas village near the Champs-Elysées! So much to taste: wood-smoked salmon sandwich, churros, crêpes, soups…an authentic mouth-watering experience!

christmas villagechristmas village2christmas village3

If they ask you for one word that makes you think about Paris, would you ever say “mussels”? Probably not! We could never expect to find a chain of restaurants, Léon de Bruxelles, where you can find mussels cooked in so many different ways! We had les moules en cocotte!

mussels

Time to go…but we couldn’t leave before going to a must-visit for foodies: Galeries Lafayette! Spices, Nuts, tea, salt from all over the world…you need one week to visit and taste everything!

Galeries LafayetteSpices at GaleriesNuts at Galeries

Ok, we have to admit this, we are crazy for sushi, so when we passed by a pretty Japanese restaurant, we couldn’t help going in…you’ll probably understand by the picture that we had a great dinner…Saffron’s best amazed face ever!

Sushi in Paris

Advertisements

33 Comments Add yours

1. whatlauradoesnext says:

Great post – reading it has made me so hungry!

1. Thank you so much Laura! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. Shawn says:

moving to paris in 3 short weeks and have been slightly alarmed at what im going to find there food wise.. super psyched now! thanks alot!

1. You are SOOOOOO lucky!!! Paris id great for food lovers…cant wait to read your French posts! Alessia

3. Ahhhh, escargots in Paris! Such a classic (ours were at the cozy little cafe in the St. Germain neighborhood, La Jacobine!) ~ Kat

1. That’s right, a real classic 🙂 but I couldn’t help it, I had to try them!

4. thebellyrumble says:

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love Paris, too – have you heard of David Lebovitz’s food blog? (www.davidlebovitz.com) It’s the cheapest way to be transported to Paris. 🙂 And you have great photos here. The onion soup looks delicious.

1. Thank YOU for visiting ours! 🙂 and thank you for your suggestion, we’ll stop by it…we love dreaming about Paris 😀 Nice to meet you! Alessia

1. You too with that mouth-watering rabbit!

5. Cathy Powell says:

Wow Paris is absolute foodie heaven. Thank you for sharing all of your gorgeous photos.

1. Thank YOU for stopping by! 🙂 Nice to meet you! Alessia

6. kat says:

When I go to Paris I usually have always the same things — croque madame, steak frite, lots and lots of pain au chocolat…. I have never been daring enough to try escargot 🙂 Maybe next time I’ll be brave!

1. I would have never (NEVER) thought I could try escargots…but I took the courage and did it…they’re not bad at all! Let me know what you think of them if you do 😉 Alessia

7. ohheymalena says:

Hey, thanks for the feedback on my post! I’m fully on board with fondue in cold weather. When I was in Strasbourg, it was bitter cold and we took refuge in a fromagerie for birthday celebrations. I’ve never been more full.

1. Thank you for visiting our blog! Wow, amazing! I’ve always wanted to visit Strasbourg!!! Do you have any posts about it? Btw, very nice to meet you! 🙂 Alessia

1. ohheymalena says:

Nice to meet you too! I don’t have any posts about it, but if you visit, the fromagerie is called La Cloche a Fromage–I suggest the assorted platter of cheese. You also should stop by the boat bars in town. They’re two or three barges (red and blue) converted into cafes, and they’re nice to have drinks or coffee at in the evening. There’s a place to dance in one of them, too.

2. THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH for your advice!!!!

1. ohheymalena says:

No problem, hope you get to go!

8. polloplayer says:

Makes me want to go back to Paris! Thanks for stopping by Polloplayer.

1. Thank YOU for stopping by! 🙂 Very nice to meet you! Alessia

9. becky6259 says:

The most enticing thing to me is the onion soup — it looked divine! But I’m a cheese lover too, so that looked great as well. That Lafayette place looks amazing — I would have to camp out there to see everything!

1. The onion soup was amazing! But cheese in France is the best: so many different types!!! You would love Lafayette Gallery Becky! I’ll probably camp too next time I go…I want to see it all! 😀

10. OH the food, oh the food 😀

1. I’d go back now if I could! 😀

11. Sunny says:

you guys look like you are having so much fun! Love your blog and look forward to following your future endeavors! Thanks also for stopping by my blog (Arcticgrub.com) .
    Cheers!
    Sunny (who used to live in Paris 🙂

1. Oh, you lucky girl! 🙂 That’s my dream: living in Paris for a little while! 😉 Thank you very much, that is so nice of you! I’ve always wanted to visit your country, it really fascinates me! Can’t wait to read more about your culture and of course your food! Very nice to meet you! Alessia

12. Ok, here we have some things in common now! 😀 I ADORE cheese, I can’t help eating it…and guess what? I became lactose intolerant!!! A tragedy!!! 😦 But I don’t care and I keep eating it when I can! My favourite place in Italy for cheese is the expo they have in a little town called Bra…hundreds of types of cheese…I almost died! 😀 But it’s a unique experience!

13. valbarda says:

Oooohhhh….when you speak of cheeses, you speak my language! 🙂 I am a lover of frommage, a true turophile and just an all-around cheesehound. My husband is from The Netherlands, where they also produce really fine cheese, and everytime I visit (2-4 times a year) I always come back home with a couple of kilos of cheese from the local kaasboer. Wonderful! I’ve only been to Paris once, and that was eons ago when I was in my early 20’s … too young to really appreciate it. One day I shall return….

14. That’s right! Although the first place for me remains Italy, France is a good destination for foodies! I heard many times people say “I went to France, but I couldn’t find anything good to eat!”…they surely didn’t look carefully! Btw, nice to meet you! 🙂 Alessia

15. North to South to Mama says:

My Significant other asked me the other day if I could choose one country to travel too which would it be? Paris was the first that came to mind but not for the landmarks but for the food! Mussels, cheese, wine, pastries! Who wouldn’t want to go?

We want to hear from you!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s