Secret Italy

We wander around blogs and all we see is the same Italy: Rome, Venice, Florence, as if my country were all there. I’d be surprised if you knew where Civitella del Tronto, Castelli or Atri are, just to mention a few. But they’re a part of Italy you’d love to experience; the part that is hidden, therefore genuine; the part where you go once and never want to leave, the part we love…Abruzzo.

It is the place where we grew up, the place anybody should go once in their life, the place we want everybody to get to know.

Like Barrea or Scanno, an enchanted old village in the middle of the Appenines, nominated “one of the most beautiful villages of Italy”;

IMG_4693newwritten

IMG_4680newwritten

or the marvelous Punta Aderci, our unknown paradise on the Adriatic coast;

IMG_4548NEWwritten

IMG_4551NEWwritten

or Vasto with its wonderful tiny streets and its breathtaking belvedere.

IMG_4555NEWwritten

IMG_4559NEWwritten

IMG_4566NEWwritten

Don’t you like what you’ve just seen? And that’s only the beginning…we’ve just started disclosing the secret!

Visit unspoiled Abruzzo! Click here

Advertisements

31 Comments Add yours

1. Ishita says:

I love your blog, I recently saw The American and it has been extensively shot in Abruzzo. So calmingly bful!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much! Yes, Castel del Monte and the whole area are stunning! Hope you’ll be able to come one day, so we can show you around! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Ishita says:

I hope too cara! Where do you stay? Will be in touch 🙂

2. We’re in Teramo province 🙂 Yes, let’s keep in touch!!! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

3. Ishita says:

Absolutely!

Liked by 1 person

2. restlessjo says:

Trouble is it’s such a big world, even though it’s getting smaller. You keep your beautiful little part of Italy to yourselves. You wouIdn’t want it to become Rimini would you? But it’s lovely to share it with you on your blog. I can keep a secret.

1. There is so much to see with responsible tourism! We hope people will come explore its beautiful places! Very nice to meet you! 🙂 Alessia

3. They’re VERY beautiful cities, probably the most beautiful in the world! We just wanted to say that Italy has also other things to offer, authentic places where you can experience the real Italian life and food 🙂 Maybe next time you can join us in one of our itineraries through hidden Italy! Our tours will be online soon, keep checking out! Very nice to meet you! Alessia

4. I’ve been to Italy once and I joke that I did the Rome-Florence-Venice “Italy Starter Pack”. I do intend to go back and feast my eyes on the smaller towns and villages tucked into the mountains or along the shores (though it may take an unprecedented force of nature to keep me out of Venice).

5. Thanks! It’s nice to see other people like hidden Italy!

6. suelange says:

I agree wholeheartedly. Thanks for posting your thoughts.

7. Thank you! You too have a very nice and original blog! We’ll be escorting some tours in Abruzzo this summer, if you happen to be there we could meet and have a glass of wine together! Very nice to meet you! Alessia

8. Penny says:

Thank you for visiting my blog. Now I read about Abruzzo. It is definitely on my travel list. I hope I will make it later this year. Nice blog!

9. I have only had the good fortune of traveling to Italy once so far but will definitely return some day — it is hidden gems like these I look forward to exploring further, even though Rome was fabulous as far as classic large cities go! We loved driving through the Tuscan countryside, and wandering streets of quieter hill towns like Asciano, although the more “famous” cities like San Gimi and Pienza have their charms, also. You just need to get off the beaten path at the more well-known locales ~ Kat

1. Hello Kat and thank you for writing! Our region exactly represents what you mean: an unknown perl in Central Italy! There’s so much to see and explore! Hope you’ll keep following us in the next couple of weeks, we’ll put our tours and itineraries online.
      Alessia

10. Thank you very much! So many coincidences here! 😀 I do believe Abruzzo has such an ancient culture…you never finish discovering it! We’re finding so many people that still love the region their grandparents and parents came from. Happy to share the passion for Abruzzo with you! Let us know if you pass by Nova Scotia 😉

11. My parents emigrated from Chieti Abruzzo to Australia in the 1960s. Fortunately they were able to take the whole family back to Italy for a holiday a couple of times. Now I return on my own on a more regular basis. In fact this year I am going back with a group of friends and we are doing a tour of Abruzzo. We have all visited the large cities and now we want to experience something that gets to the heart of Italy, it’s people, food, culture and traditions away from the tourist crowds. I also spent a year working in Canada about 12 years ago. I lived on Ontario but visited many lovely places in Canada. This is why I love your blog.

12. My mum lived in Pescara before emigrating to Australia in the 1950s. Thank you do much for this.

1. Thank you! My grandparents came to Canada from Teramo in the 1950s but then went back. I’m very happy this blog can reach people that emigrated many years ago. Are you stuck in the middle like me or you have never come back to Italy? 🙂
      Maple

1. Sadly I’ve only been to Italy once. Its a long way from Australia and its hard to find time with a family of my own. Happily a trip will definitely be on the cards. Hopefully in the not too distant future!

2. That’s a pity! Hope we’ll give you some ideas for your future trip, there’s so much to see in Abruzzo 🙂

13. Absolutely true–my best Italian adventures took place in little towns nobody every heard of in a tourist guide!

1. So true but also so sad, because many people don’t get to know those places!

14. Emilia says:

Fantastic photos! I love Italy, but it’s definitely the small, hidden towns that make the country so fascinating. It’s amazing the gems you can find in smaller areas that rival the historical importance of the big-name sights. I certainly want to go to Abruzzo now 😉

1. Thank you!…and these are just few places I mentioned 😉 You should visit, there’s any kind of vacation you may like: cultural, natural, adventurous, you’d be amazed 🙂 especially in the summer, with all the typical feasts we have 🙂 anyway, keep in touch, you’ll see more of it 😉
      Thanks for writing!

15. Thank you! Happy to share travel hints with you 🙂

16. Nikki says:

Gorgeous photos!!! I see I’m going to have to add a few secret Italian villages to my bucket travel list 🙂

17. Kisses my dear friend!

18. Bricolage says:

i like it!
    Così faccio lezioni di ripasso! 😉

We want to hear from you!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s